Become one of Sam's Angels
Volunteer & Skills
What are you good at? What are you qualified as? Give of your time pro bono: Lawyers, doctors, paediatric nurses, psychologists, allied professionals, counsellors etc.
Your time is very valuable and in the future, we are hoping to work on “cuddle & play programmes” for children whose parents cannot be by their sides as they face the scary road of being “alone” in hospital without a loved one. It is our dream that no child should ever be sick alone or worse die alone. You don’t need to have any particular professional skill to help spread Sam’s footprints. All you need is an honest and caring heart and be ready and willing to spend time with children in hospital, or offer your professional skills by running a support group, giving legal advice, etc.
**All volunteers first need to be checked and cleared against all registers that may affect your ability to work safely with children.
Your contribution makes a real difference
We value every donation!
You can make a donation or contribution directly into the Trust's bank account. However, if you prefer to donate via crowdfunding platforms, you can visit our GivenGain link at the bottom of the page.
Don't forget to ask for your Section 18A certificate.
Acc Name: Footprints 4 Sam Trust
Acc No.: 115 855 6756
Branch Code: 198765
Alternatively, please click the donate button below to donate via credit card.
Become a Sam “Sweater”
Inviting one and all
We invite runners, walkers and cyclists or any other form of sport enthusiast to “sweat” for Sam. We have sport packs that you can buy which include a branded technical shirt and a Sam bracelet. This allows individuals to raise awareness and fundraise for Footprints 4 Sam at sporting events or when you are leisurely strolling the neighbourhood.
The Samuel Generation of Healthcare
Make a commitment
Commit to the values of the Samuel Generation of Healthcare as a healthcare professional:
- Remember the human.
- Remember the child.
- Remember the family.
- Remember to treat the whole person – mind, body and soul - with excellence and real empathy.
- Quality of life – let a child be a child, even if tied to machines in an ICU setting. Create a child and family-friendly environment.
- Remember hospital is not a long-term solution – home is where the heart is.
- Love, play, cuddles and laughter – key ingredients for successful chronic care.
- Remember to care for yourself.
- Burnout and compassion fatigue – be an early-warning mirror for your colleagues.
- Debrief regularly.
- Allow yourself to grieve.
- No man is an island – work as an integrated team (a relay of excellence).
- Let Sam's life lessons be your professional compass.
Order and wear your Sam bracelet as a reminder, in healthcare and in life, to be loving and be kind. Help us change healthcare for the better. Each one of you is a ripple in the water. Each ripple touches hundreds of lives and hundreds of hearts. Let’s Sam’s legacy create a tidal wave of change so that South African Paediatric Healthcare becomes a beacon of excellence and hope to the world.
Acc Name: Footprints 4 Sam Trust | Acc: 115 855 6756 | Bank: Nedbank | Branch Code: 198765